Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Of Food and Mice

Up until Saturday my favorite Pixar movie was Toy Story 2, but after watching Ratatouille my list changed a little:
1. Ratatouille
2. Toy Story 2
3. Finding Nemo
4. Cars
5. Monster's Inc
6. Toy Story
7. A Bug's Life
8. The Incredibles

I'm happy Ratatouille came in first place at the box office (and for my contribution to that), but also very sad cause it's the Pixar movie with the lowest opening weekend. How can that be? I can't believe the reasons that people are giving for not wanting to watch it: "the name is unpronounceable" WTF! and "rats are disgusting" Come on guys! What's wrong with you?! Some of the most beloved cartoons in history have been mice! Don't tell me you don't have enough room in your heart for this rodent?

Before watching Ratatouille, every time I watched a new Pixar movie I was like "I loved it but my favorite is still Toy Story 2", but not anymore. Sorry Woody, but Ratatouille is so perfect!
We watched it on DLP (Digital Projection) so everything was super crispy clear. The animation is the best ever, completely flawless. The direction, the characters, the story, the actors, everything is amazing up to the tiniest details. Everyone in the theater clapped at the end. Don't wait for the DVD go see it while it's still in the theaters
Added bonus: One of my heroes, the mad sexy, intelligent, funny, sweet Anthony Bourdain was in the credits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home