Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Debarked?

As usual I was checking the pets section on Craigslist when I came across this ad:

Up until tonight I had no idea a dog could be debarked! Did you know dogs could get debarked? I guess it comes in very handy when your building doesn't accept pets and you want to keep your doggie's existence unknown. But with no nails, no tail, no voice and very soon no ovaries, this poor girl is almost a stuffed toy that eats!
For one reason or another all those procedures make sense, and in all honesty wouldn't we all want a pet that would give us no problems at all? But I don't know, the debarking is so tragic! Almost like a vendetta, punishing to your dog for raising his voice by silencing him forever :(

In honor of Star, the voiceless, tailless, ovaryless and nailless dog; I'm going to take this opportunity to publicly promise to never get my cat demeowed, no matter how loud or obnoxious he becomes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home