Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Since today is the anniversary of my dad's death, I started writing a post about him, but I don't want to bum you all out. So instead I'll leave you with some pictures from Books of the Dead. You see, back in the 19th century people had the habit of taking pictures of their dead loved ones, and making these albums called Books of the Dead, so go check them out.
You can musicalize the experience with my favorite Diamanda Galas song, Gloomy Sunday:
Sadly one Sunday I waited and waited
With flowers in my arms for the dream I'd created
I waited 'til dreams, like my heart, were all broken
The flowers were all dead and the words were unspoken
The grief that I knew was beyond all consoling
The beat of my heart was a bell that was tolling
Saddest of Sundays

Then came a Sunday when you came to find me
They bore me to church and I left you behind me
My eyes could not see one I wanted to love me
The earth and the flowers are forever above me
The bell tolled for me and the wind whispered,"Never!"
But you I have loved and I bless you forever
Last of all Sundays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home