Sunday, February 22, 2009

And the winner is...

I'm still not member of the Academy, but if I were these are the guys who'd take the Oscars tonight:



Performance by an actor in a leading role: I loved Mickey Rourke big time in The Wrestler, but Sean Sean Penn's performance in Milk was a-fucking-mazing. Both deserve to take the Oscar home, but Sean deserves it more, and Mickey has already won the BAFTA and the Golden Globe! What pisses me off is that no matter the outcome Sean is going to get screwed because even if he wins, everybody is going to be like "They gave it to him because of prop 8". If they give it to Sean it's because he gave the best performance this year. Do yourself a favor and check out a Harvey Milk documentary, and see what I'm saying about Sean's performance. It was spot on, uncannily Milky.

Performance by an actor in a supporting role: Come on stop giving awards to Heath Ledger! I'd give it to Josh Brolin. But if my beloved Philip (Who was fine but no better than Josh Brolin), or Robert Downey (Who was fun but no better than Josh Brolin) or even Michael Shannon (Who was great but no better than Josh Brolin) get it it would be ok. But unfair to Josh Brolin :P

Performance by an actress in a leading role: Kate Winslet

Performance by an actress in a supporting role: Marisa Tomei closely followed by Penelope Cruz.

Best animated feature film of the year: You need ask? Wall-e

Film Editing: Slumdog Millionaire

Best motion picture of the year: Slumdog Millionaire.

Achievement in Sound Mixing: Wall-e

Sound Editing: Slumdog Millionaire

Cinematography: Slumdog Millionaire

Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire

Original Screenplay: Milk but it'd be cool if Wall-e won cause it certainly deserves it too.

Achievement in directing: Danny Boyle

I have a far fetched wish. Remember that leaked Oscar winners list that's been around the last couple of days? I hope that it's real, and that in order to prove that it isn't the Academy is forced to change a few of the winners. In that case, Sean Penn would get the best actor award that he rightfully deserves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Soph! said...

gosh, i should probably watch slumdog millionare. I have it on my desktop, just haven't gotten around to it!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Evil Chick said...

Soph watch it, you're going to love it! I've seen it twice and I'd love to see it again :)

1:02 AM  
Blogger Soph! said...

I watched it! Amazing! I loved it and haven't deleted it from my hard drive in case someone comes over who hasn't seen it yet! haha

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home